Monday, August 20, 2012

Conversations.

You know you're married to a peace officer when every bit of "regular" life is somehow comparable to law enforcement life and there will always be a valuable lesson to learn through that.

For example: I once bought a package of multicolored ballpoint pens that wrote in the same color of their outside plastic. Nice, sturdy pens with see-through plastic and rubber grips at the top. You know the type.


Anyways, since I work in an office where supplies can sometimes be "borrowed" from your desk, and these were super special, glorious pens, I cut tiny strips of paper, wrote my name, unscrewed the bottom cap and slipped my name into each pen. So proud of my handiwork I told The Deputy of my labeling accomplishments expecting a "cool, babe" or an acknowledging nod at the least. Instead, he looked at me and said, "You know who else labels all their stuff like that? Inmates."

He's so helpful.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic to find another Sheriff's wife out there. I have a blog too at:
    http://thek9copswife.wordpress.com/
    Let me know if you ever need to vent. It's not an easy life being married to a Sheriff, but well worth it if you man loves you.

    ReplyDelete