Saturday, August 18, 2012

This New Life.

My life has changed.

On June 30, 2012 I made vows before God to honor, love and respect an amazing man. He promised the same and we were pronounced husband and wife. That man is one of my very best friends, the holder of my heart, the keeper of my secrets and a deputy sheriff.

This blog isn't necessarily where I'll write about him, but more about the life I became a part of when I fell in love with him. This life in the law enforcement realm is fun, scary, even mundane at times...but all of that mixes together and creates what we call "ours".

The Deputy and I have been together since 2009 and married for about 45 seconds. Not only am I a new law enforcement wife but a new wife in general, which I'm finding out is one of the coolest things I've ever been able to be a part of...and I'm actually a super cool person naturally, so that says alot. (Don't all the cool kids let everyone else know they're cool?!)

Anyways.

I won't go into too much detail, but The Deputy has been in law enforcement for about 6 years now and has basically been preparing for it his entire life. I believe I've been prepared for it as well, being a born & raised Army brat. The lives are so similar at times. I've already been prepped for crazy schedules, moving holidays to fit our time frame, eating a meal or two alone, at times going to bed alone and being so proud of him it makes my heart hurt.

I know this dream life of his must now become a dream life of mine, and someday of our kids, because this new life of ours requires us to be all in.

1 comment:

  1. "I know this dream life of his must now become a dream life of mine, and someday of our kids, because this new life of ours requires us to be all in."

    Well said, well said...love this!

    ReplyDelete