Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A long long time.

So I haven't blogged in forever. It's been so long that the Blogger changes they've been warning me about for months has already taken place and now everything looks different. Which isn't a big deal, but I really hate how fast and how often technology changes! If it was up to me, I'd still be using my original Sidekick phone and still hanging out on Myspace...I don't like updates.

Anyways.

It was probably good that I didn't blog at all last month, my life was crazy busy and sometimes just crazy so you would have seen more posts like the last one...grouchy. But life has settled, I have free time again (for the moment) and I'm basically a happy camper.

I've been married to The Deputy for a little over 4 months now (I know, I know-basically a life time!) and for the most part--we live it up! And by "live it up" I mean we hang out, watch TV, go on fake vacations and find projects to do around the house. We're a great team! I pick the wall color-he paints; I pick the stencil-he paints the "runner" down the middle of the table; I pick the chair fabric-he reupholsters (to be fair, I was helping take chairs apart until I stabbed myself with the screw driver. It's not that I'm completely useless, I just lack arm muscles); I forget to pull out meat to thaw for dinner-he gets my frantic text at work to find the chicken and put it in the sink (this is a huge deal, since work nights means I have about 15-20 minutes to cook a meal before he has to leave).

Any little way to spend time together, to be a part of the "team", to share some sort of inside joke or secret...it all counts. Every effort makes us that much stronger and I'm lucky to have a guy who puts in as much energy and time as I do.

We're going to love each other for a very, very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment