Thursday, April 4, 2013

See you later, alligator.

The Deputy left this morning at 3:00 am to head out to a SWAT Conference. From the looks of it, you'd think he was heading to Disneyland. [Scratch that. If you know him at all, you'd know that was a bad analogy. The giddy person dancing around the house packing for Disneyland would be me. He would be the regular, level-headed guy that he is.]

But I stand my ground. He was happy to be going. Happy to be packing. Happy to be tossing back anything I tried to throw into his bag. Happy to be waking up at the crack of dawn (crack of night? Whatever 2:30 am counts as). Happy to answer my crazy text messages ("Why didn't you say good-bye?!" He did. I just didn't remember. Also, I may or may not have a slight case of sleep rage.) Happy.

I'll admit (to you, not to all the military wives out there who are actually departed from loved ones for months on end), I miss him already! It's only been like ten hours. I'm going to be really bad at this. But I bet I'll be awesome at not cooking dinner, wearing the same pair of yoga pants around the house all weekend and "forgetting" to shave my legs....

No comments:

Post a Comment