Monday, May 13, 2013

National Police Week 2013

So it's National Police Week and guess who's excited? This lady! (If you could see me right now, I'd be pointing at myself and winking)

Anyways, there's not too much going on for it over on this end of the world, but I didn't find that out until the middle of last week so I guess I'll have to wait until next year. Boooo.

I did take my nephew to a Kops & Kids Safety Picnic this weekend and we loved it! Well, I loved it more, but he's 2 so he didn't really know what we were doing there. I'm planning on taking some snacks and drinks over to the office for my husband's shift this week and I made a wreath. Who doesn't love a good wreath?!



And Gigi's Cupcakes in San Antonio was ever so cool and made us these adorable cupcakes to display/sell during the week...(thanks again for actually reading my nagging emails!)



I do follow the events of the National Police Week going on in D.C. and they seem to have it together! I've been feeling a mix of emotions this past weekend coming up on NPW. It's a time to honor those lives lost in the line of duty and to show a little extra love and support for those still living through it. My heart is heavy for those wives, husbands, children and parents surviving the loss of their loved ones and yet I'm extremely proud of all of our LEOs for the sacrifices they make daily and the integrity they live with.

Take some time to thank a police officer this week, remember the ones gone on before us and love the ones we still get hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment